For all foreigner investors aiming to acquire Turkish citizenship, Property Invest appointed a team of experienced to help to make the Turkish citizenship process flawless and stress-free, starting by selecting the best real estate properties packages to obtain the Turkish Passport.
When investing in Turkish real estate to obtain Turkish Citizenship there are some conditions stipulated by the Turkish law that the real estate must fulfill, these conditions are:
- The real estate(s) value must be $250,000 or more, or the equivalent of it in Turkish currency based on the exchange rate of the Turkish Central Bank.
- The real estate must be purchased from a Turkish national or a Turkish construction company.
- The real estate value must be paid through a legal bank transfer.
- Foreigners are required to obtain a real estate appraisal report from a real estate appraisal company approved by the Turkish government.
- A pledge not to sell the property for three years.
What are the required documents to start the citizenship application?
1- A copy of the title deed of the purchased real estate, or the promise-to-sell contract ratified by the notary.
2- Certificate of conformity of the real estate
3- Original receipts from the seller’s account stamped with the live stamp of the receiving bank.
4- Original payment receipts from the buyer’s account stamped with the live stamp of the sending bank.
5- Copies of the passports of all family members including the husband, wife, and children under the age of eighteen.
6- Ratifying all documents issued abroad by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the home country, translating them into the Turkish language, and ratifying them at the Turkish consulate in the home country as well.
Turkish Citizenship application steps are:
- Completing the Buying Process of a Real Estate At The Specified Value which is 250.000$ or more
- Obtaining Conformity Document concerning the property
- Submitting the Citizenship Application at The Investment Office
- Security Check
- Issuing the Citizenship Decision
The processes given above may last around for 3 to 6 weeks. Consequently, when all the files are completed, the Istanbul Directorate of Civil Registration will send the citizenship application file to the General Directorate in Ankara and it might take around 1 to 3 months or more for the citizenship to be granted.